POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Circular Helix : Re: Circular Helix Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Circular Helix
From: Renderdog
Date: 27 Oct 2004 15:40:01
Message: <web.417ff8e44c4748cb250c7b0b0@news.povray.org>
"David Robinson" <tdf### [at] ezrscom> wrote:
> Only real problem right now is that it only renders 1/4 of the scene (but I
> have a feeling it is more likely to be building 1/4 of the model). I've
> tried playing with a couple of settings but nothing is making enough of a
> difference to hit me in the face with a clue...!
>
> I'm also trying to view this from top down.

The f_helical_torus is centered about <0,0,0>, so you might try
   contained_by { box { <-200, -200, -200>, <200, 200, 200> } }
to show the entire object.

f_helical_torus is a hoop about the Y axis, so to view the entire
hoop from above (camera at +Y) you might remove the
   rotate 90*x
which I used to rotate it to face the Z axis.

Finally, the
   scale 0.1
is there because I couldn't get the ratio of the rope to the hoop's
radius what I wanted without scaling the entire object.